Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mothers Day!




My first mothers day was awesome.  My day was really a weekend full of fun!  It started out Friday when My mother in law sent me flowers.  Having flowers at work just makes any girls day better.  Then friday night I had a good time hanging out with my parents and just having a laid back night.   Saturday morning my mom and I had breakfast and then went to a make up / mini facial special at the Chanel counter in Dillards.  We had mini facials, our make up done, had punch and snacks! It was a fun time.  Late saturday night we had my cousins graduation party and that was a fun time too! Sunday, Mothers day, was a great day.  My mom and I had a whole brunch planned for that mid morning and I couldn't wait! I had found these super cute mothers day printables that I was super excited about and they turned out so cute!
We ended up having a lovely brunch with my parents, Jacob's mom, my grandma, and my aunt and uncles family! We stuffed ourselves and then were sleepy the rest of the afternoon.  That night we took Jacob's mom out to the Melting Pot.  We Love love love the melting pot! Yes I realize you are cooking your own food but the atmosphere and the fact the food is really good is so fun! Misti had never eaten fondue (I know right?) so we took her for her mothers day present! I have been bugging jacob about getting the Melting Pot cook book for some time now and when we walked up to the table they had one waiting for me! woo hoo! I get to make all those fun recipes at home now! watch out for invitations to a fondue party soon! hehe! Any ways it was a great day and I felt really special.  

My sister sent me a video on friday night that was made by johnson and johnson (Here it is) and it said all of the right things that a new mom needs to hear.  All you want to hear is that you are doing okay.  During these past 4 months taking care of Kate when I have never taken care of a baby before it is really easy to doubt yourself and think you are not doing things right. It's true I have not done everything right but I look back and see that I have at least done OK.  As jacob says "she's alive".  I hope that I can continue to do the best I can raising her.  If you see a new mom out there tell her exactly that... She's doing just fine.  I promise you It will make her day. 

I can not thank my Husband and my parents enough for being so great to me on sunday, and every day.  Love you guys!


-K

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com