Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Quick and easy yummies

Today at the end of work we were all talking about what we were going to make for dinner tonight, I didn't think I had all of the ingredients for the meal I wanted to make but I suggested it to my friends at work (which both have two young boys) that they should try my mexican casserole sometime! I was craving it when we started talking about it so the first thing I did when I made it home was look in the cabinet to see if I had the ingredients that I needed. Turns out I did! I ended up making Jacob one of my favorite go to easy dinners.  I am trying to be good so I actually only had a bite of casserole and a "taco" salad instead which consisted of spinach leaves leftover smoked turkey salsa and a little bit of fat free cheese.  Definitely not as good as mexican casserole, but it served it's purpose of getting me my "mexican" fix. This recipe is super yummy and actually really pocket friendly! I told the girls I would share the recipe on my blog and on pinterest (which you can follow me here).  So here it is, my cheap fix mexican casserole!


To start the mexican casserole brown  ground beef with taco seasoning. I usually just do one pound because i'm just cooking for the two of us.  That leaves us with a pan that feeds us both for dinner and a lunch so it will easily feed a family of four at dinner time! It would be super easy to double or triple this recipe if you ware going to be feeding a crowd!


Next you spread one can on refried beans into the bottom of an 8x8 pan or just whatever small baking dish you have!  Then on top of the refried beans layer your taco meet.  Then sprinkle some cheese on top of the taco meet.  I really like to use the mexican blend shredded cheese :). For the last layer spread a box of mixed up corn bread batter (or use your own recipe if you are an overachiever) on the top! 

Bake the casserole according to the corn bread recipe and about 15-20 minutes later you have a super yummy dinner! 



I hope this quick and easy meal inspires you to try it yourself! It is super simple! 





Mexican Casserole

Ingredients:

1 can refried beans
1lb Ground Beef, Browned
1 packet Taco Seasoning
1-1/2 C. Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
1 mixed recipe Cornbread Batter

In small baking dish layer the Refried beans, Taco Seasoned Ground beef, Shredded Cheese.  Poor Cornbread mix on top and spread evenly to cover entire casserole. Bake per the cornbread recipe.  Enjoy! 




-K

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com